Thursday, June 01, 2006

Uploading, Saving and Downloading Binary Data in a MySQL Database

From one of the mailing list, I found this interesting topics
Uploading, Saving and Downloading Binary Data in a MySQL Database

by Joao Prado Maia
09/15/2000

This article is aimed at answering one of the most asked questions on the PHP mailing list and discussion forums alike: How to store binary files in a MySQL database.
Click here to find out more!

I ran into this same question when asked by a possible employer testing my programming skills to create a set of scripts to upload files to a MySQL database, download files from it, and also show an image, if the file was indeed an image. Anyway, I couldn't find any articles on how to do that, so I searched a lot in the PHP mailing lists to find my answer. This article is my way of "giving back" to the community. :)

I split the article into three pages,

* Setting up the database
* Creating the 'upload' scripts
* Creating the 'download' script

Check details of the script here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home